Tegernseerhof is owned by the Mittelbach family and located in Unterloiben, just below Dürnstein. The property dates back to the year 1002. The original wine facilities were built in 1176 by the Benedictine monks from the Bavarian Abbey of Tegernseer. For centuries Tegernseerhof was where the Bavarian monastery produced its wine. At the turn of the 19th century the property was acquired by the Austrian Empire and shortly thereafter was purchased by the Mittelbach Family. Franz Mittelbach and his wife, Mathilde are the 5th generation of Mittelbachs to run Tegernseerhof. Martin Mittelbach, the son of Franz and Mathilde, is the current caretaker of this history. Tegernseerhof has a total of 66 acres of which 50% are terraced vineyards that flourish on stone terraces. They also produce wines from some of the best known crus in the area; Höhereck, Schutt and Loibenberg (for Grüner Veltliner) as well as Loibenberg, Steinertal and Kellerberg (for Riesling). The estate is a member of “Vinea Wachau”, and produces its wines based on the strict regulations of the “Codex Wachau“. Total production: 150,000 bottles.
Grüner Veltliner "Schutt" Smaragd
Weissenkirchner Zwerithaler (Wachau Fieldblend)
Pinot Noir Rose